Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I live in mn as some of u know, well I was thinkning of something different for my toreador red 98 vulcan and I came across this sweet red tint at Advance auto parts, I bought a roll today and Im going to do my back two windows and see how it looks, to me its red but not bright red, not reflective or not too dark in tint-wise, what do ub guys think, will the law care about my tint? I hope not I really dont wanna have to tear it off after I jsust get it on...yanno, but it will look cool!!! Let me hear some input, thanks fellas!!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I would think it would look really weird.

*Pictures an all red jellybean rolling down the road*

About the thing with the law, you should send an email to your state's DMV. They can usually answer those questions.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Both my 94 and my 00 have "illegal tint" I have a friend that has a shop.

I never thought to ask what the percentage is.

I live in Oklahoma and we can carry concealed weapons and my questions is

Has anyone ever actually been stopped or written a citation for "illegal tint?

I have been stopped on interstate 40 on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border and had all my equipment sitting on the side of the road while a dog sniffed my car but tinting never came up.

<_<

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I've gotten 3 tickets so far for window tint.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I've had the tint for 3 years and the prescription for 6 months. Do the math.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I think it will look good. Just don't do your windshield with it. That will strain your eyes out hardcore, you'll be seein' red, literally.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Joe has BLING tint. It's worth the tickets.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
That's what the cops probably think. They go "wtf that guy's got $$$" and pull you over.

B

·
0 Posts
Joe has Barbie Dream Taurus tint. The cops probably think they'll get a date with a hot chick if they stop the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Im gonna go with it, I mean its not dark at all, u can see easily thru it, and its not reflective so hell Im gonna go for it, l8er yall, Ill have pics of the finished prodcut when shes done

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been fined for 50% tint, in PA the legal limit is 70% on front side windows and anything goes behind the front windows. I had 50% front sides and 5% on the 3 rears=$92.50

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Bob don't hate.

And yes, cops definitely dont like my tint. :evil_grin:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by SHOoff@Dec 23 2003, 12:50 AM
I've been fined for 50% tint, in PA the legal limit is 70% on front side windows and anything goes behind the front windows.  I had 50% front sides and 5% on the 3 rears=$92.50
I was told by several shops that the percentages allowed by law have changed in PA in the last 3 years. The numbers quoted to me were 50% on the front side windows, 35% on the rear side and rear windows. There have been some other changes to the laws regarding tint as well, particularly concerning the definition of a "concealed weapon."

If you are pulled over and you have any tint that is not OEM, you should roll all your windows down as far as possible. This will make the officer much less anxious and trigger-happy. Of course, if you don't have power windows, it would not be wise to be seen scrambling around the interior of the car trying to roll the windows down. That would make the cop MORE anxious and suspicious.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Dec 23 2003, 03:10 AM
Bob don't hate.
I can't help it. I have no bling, and you have mad bling. I'm so depressed, I got no krome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts