Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 2 years I've had one of the ugliest, feature lacking phones and I finally upgraded yesterday.

Traded in my SCP-2300 for this nice little gadget.

HTC-6800/Mogul.

So far I've been loving it except for 2 minor problems. When you've ran too many programs it doesn't automatically close them so you have to do that manually otherwise you cannot open anymore applications. The other problem is the ActiveSync software that came with the phone is not compatible with Vista! Which doesn't surprise me at all, just strange Microsoft doesn't even make their own software compatible with their new OS.

Anyways, the 2MP camera works nicely and the flash isn't that bad either. Still getting used to switching from just a plain phone to a smart phone though.

Oh, and for some reason it's not compatible with Sprints Navigation software (I was told I could always purchase Telenav, but no thanks.) but I believe they sales person told me they should be making it compatible with a software upgrade soon.

Don't really have any pictures of the phone except for the one I borrowed from google.

On a scale of 1-10 I'm rating this phone an 8.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After I receive my rebate check it will have ran $299.99 w/o tax.

I should add that is the price with a 2 year upgrade. Normally I believe the phone runs around $549.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
For the past 2 years I've had one of the ugliest, feature lacking phones and I finally upgraded yesterday.

Traded in my SCP-2300 for this nice little gadget.

HTC-6800/Mogul.

So far I've been loving it except for 2 minor problems. When you've ran too many programs it doesn't automatically close them so you have to do that manually otherwise you cannot open anymore applications. The other problem is the ActiveSync software that came with the phone is not compatible with Vista! Which doesn't surprise me at all, just strange Microsoft doesn't even make their own software compatible with their new OS.

Anyways, the 2MP camera works nicely and the flash isn't that bad either. Still getting used to switching from just a plain phone to a smart phone though.

Oh, and for some reason it's not compatible with Sprints Navigation software (I was told I could always purchase Telenav, but no thanks.) but I believe they sales person told me they should be making it compatible with a software upgrade soon.

Don't really have any pictures of the phone except for the one I borrowed from google.

On a scale of 1-10 I'm rating this phone an 8.
[/b]
yeah i have a samsung (currently running windows mobile 6 because I'm awesome) and yeah you do have to close the programs manually through task manager. And yes it is true it doesnt work with activesync, but that is because activesync has been replaced in vista. the program you need is windows mobile device center; it is a free download. that will allow you to sync wm5, wm6 and pocket pc 2003 devices with vista. tooke me a little bit to figure that one out. also your pc will recognize your device as a network device, so firewalls dont work well with wmdc. so have fun, windows mobile phones arel ots of fun.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I'm really loving it now.

This other forum I visit gave me a link to a site that has a file that updates the phone to automatically close running applications when you X out of it.

Now if only I could have navigation!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Rock on with your Mogul!!!! :) HTC rocks my face off. I've got an old SMT5600 with wm5 and my wife has an XphoneII wm3 second edition... I'm currently working on finding a working rom for making hers wm5 too.

I LOVE my smartphone, even when its stubborn and quirky. The benefits quite outway the problems, especially when you can find software/people to write software to get around problems.

Have fun and good luck with navigation software. I know there are some GPRS based navigation programs out there for T-mobile and Cingular but i dont know if that will work with a sprint phone. I'll have to read some spec's on the phone but doesn't the MOGUL come GPS equipped? If so, there's lots of freeware out there designed to work with GPS capable phones.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
That looks like an awesome phone... I just got the Blackjack II and I love it, but it seems like the Active Sync works with my computer, which has vista, i mean i can plug it in and copy files to and from it

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ryan- I am not sure about the GPS. I downloaded Google Maps last night and that will work for right now.

Ethan- It's weird that ActiveSync works on your vista machine. I ended up just using Windows Mobile Device Center.

I guess there is a HUGE following of this phone and I have been directed to some forums to change some things around (Like changing the today screen to the iPhone screen with slide-to-unlock).

I think I am in love with this phone. :wub:

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you download the software that came with the phone onto your computer?

The ActiveSync worked on my blackjack II and my cingular 3125, using vista
[/b]

I tried using the disc that came with the phone (ActiveSync, Outlook 07 Trial etc) and it didn't work. I guess WMDC replaces ActiveSync for Vista.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts