Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a recall in the mail today for the brake lamp switch and the wiring harness for all 2000 Taurus/Sable and certain 2001 - 2003 models eqipped with adjustable pedals. If you were like me and told the harness wasn't covered because the recall wasn't issued, you can get a refund. It's not expensive, but $30 is $30, that's almost 2 cases of beer.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
After getting my free tire rotation the other day from the dealer, I noticed on the sheet that they performed an air filter recall. I was like OMG not my K&N. I ran up to the service person that handed it to me and he ran back to where my car was. Comes to find out that the techs were smart enough to leave the K&N in and leave a new motorcraft filter on my seat. So now I have a Motorcraft filter "FA-1683" for anyone that wants it, but the shipping costs more than its worth. I did a cross-reference check and this filter only fits Taurus/Sable cars. So all the people I know that own fords it can't work on and I am currently the only one in my family with a taurus.
Before, I went to the dealer checked on the "My Ford" section of the www.fordvehicles.com website and it said no recalls. This is why I didn't mention the K&N to the service rep. I guess Ford is slow at updating this.

If you guys with the newere Taurus' ever need anything, go to the dealer the first year you own your car, and they do almost anything for you for free. If you try another dealer that you didn't buy the car from you will get charged.

EDIT*
The pedal recall just deals with the spacing between the accelerator and the brake pedals. I never did have my 00' done, since I was comfortable with it the way it was and I didn't want them messing it up. If I were you I would ask specificly what they are going to do before they do it so they don't put any cheap plastic spacers in or anything.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
I have yet to get a letter, and the My Ford owner site says I have no recalls on my car (?). I don't think all were included in the recall so maybe I wasn't? I need an oil change here in a couple weeks anyhow, so I will check with them then.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention, last summer just as my warranty ended, I had the harness problem (brake lights staying on). They charged me $30 to fix it, there was no recall yet for the harness. Now I got a refund for it because it was just recalled. I had the pedal recall fixed back in 2000 when they 1st issued the recall, I don't see any difference so I guess they didn't f anything up. Try checking Alldata they have all the recalls listed for ya. I actually had all my oil changes done for free when I had my warranty. I should've gotten the extended.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by stever@Apr 7 2004, 04:39 PM
Just got a recall in the mail today for the brake lamp switch and the wiring harness for all 2000 Taurus/Sable and certain 2001 - 2003 models eqipped with adjustable pedals. If you were like me and told the harness wasn't covered because the recall wasn't issued, you can get a refund. It's not expensive, but $30 is $30, that's almost 2 cases of beer.
Do you know the campaign number of the recall?

I havent gotten one in the mail yet for my bull.

-DC

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by duratecchie+Apr 9 2004, 08:08 PM-->QUOTE (duratecchie @ Apr 9 2004, 08:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-stever
@Apr 7 2004, 04:39 PM
Just got a recall in the mail today for the brake lamp switch  and the wiring harness for all 2000 Taurus/Sable and certain 2001 - 2003 models eqipped with adjustable pedals.  If you were like me and  told the harness wasn't covered because the recall wasn't  issued, you can get a refund. It's not expensive, but $30 is $30, that's almost 2 cases of beer. 
Do you know the campaign number of the recall?

I havent gotten one in the mail yet for my bull.

-DC [/b]
SAfety Recall 04s12

1 - 6 of 6 Posts