Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a recall on my front valve cover gasket done just one year ago almost exactly. The recall was because of engine fires from oil leaking out of the front valve cover. This was on a Grand Prix GTP. It now appears that oil is leaking from the same valve cover gasket that was replaced under the recall. Do you think that the dealer will redo the recall as it is now leaking after only one year?

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Call the dealer and ask.

I still have yet to get my recall done.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the dealer today. The first guy told me it had a 12 month 12000 mile warranty. Which it is 13 days from the year mark, but over almost 3000 miles. So I talked to the service advisor and he said to bring it in next Monday. If the car goes up in flames before then I am gonna be pissed. I am sure the original gasket would still be leak free as it was when I got the recall done, maybe I shouldn't have bothered with the recall in the first place. I assume they are gonna tell me something else is the cause of the leaking, but the only reason I knew it was leaking was because of the smell from a drop of oil coming from the front of the engine. I opened the hood and it was no doubt coming from the front. So I guess I will see what they say Monday.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Is this only for the S/C 3800 or all 3800s?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I know it was only the supercharged 3800's. But I think they added the regular 3800's to the recall earlier this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts