Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 Taurus SE V6

Had my tranny rebuilt, and now I'm getting all kinds of code. p0135, p1131, p1151, p1152. Had some issues with the shop that did the rebuild, basically I've been back 4 times with the same transmission issue. This last time I got it back, the car seams to idle hard, and the exhaust looks like I'm running really rich. The car had no codes thrown or issues before they touched it. I googled the codes, and they all have to do with 02 sensors and A/f. Why in the hell would a tranny rebuild cause this? The one thing I can come up with is that they didn't connect something back up, or they tore up some wiring.

·
Super Moderator
8,591 Posts
Either they did not reconnect the O2s to the harness, or the harness was damaged / wires pinched when the tranny was removed / installed. Damaged harness is more common than you would think, and is due to rushing the job and not being carefull. Take it back and make them fix it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeeeaaahhhh, I'm gonna go ahead and recomend that you never go to that shop again. At least they solved the problem, BUT i doubt they gave you any money back, did they?

If I operated that shop, I'd throw you back $250.00 just so you didn't smear my name around town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts