Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am exploring the idea of converting my 3rd generation bull's front rotors to a larger size (11.6 or better). Obviously, the first thing that I need is bigger rims. Fortunately, it's about the time to replace my tires too. I want to keep the new tire outer diameter just like in the stock configuration so that the speedometer and odometer still work as intended. Given this, I think I should go with 16-inch rims, since they will be more comfortable than 17-inch or larger and are also more affordable. Any ideas, where to get a good set?

I am looking for something that costs no more than $100 a pop (if brand new), and looks as close to the stock part as possible. Unfortunately, these days most aftermarket rims look like they were stolen from an M5 or an AMG edition of a recent Mercedes Benz (and some probably were). On a Taurus they look about as appropriate as a Formula 1 spoiler wing on a 1968 Beetle, and are also a thief magnet.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I am exploring the idea of converting my 3rd generation bull's front rotors to a larger size (11.6 or better). Obviously, the first thing that I need is bigger rims. Fortunately, it's about the time to replace my tires too. I want to keep the new tire outer diameter just like in the stock configuration so that the speedometer and odometer still work as intended. Given this, I think I should go with 16-inch rims, since they will be more comfortable than 17-inch or larger and are also more affordable. Any ideas, where to get a good set?

I am looking for something that costs no more than $100 a pop (if brand new), and looks as close to the stock part as possible. Unfortunately, these days most aftermarket rims look like they were stolen from an M5 or an AMG edition of a recent Mercedes Benz (and some probably were). On a Taurus they look about as appropriate as a Formula 1 spoiler wing on a 1968 Beetle, and are also a thief magnet.
You can get some Gen 2 or Gen 3 SHO rims from the junkyard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts