Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
i know what oumean, i have a 06 and the starter went bad in 08.
of course it was 3am and i had it towed to the nearest repair(all the cash i had ) ford would not reemburse me for any thing because i did not go to a ford dealer.
they had my record of buying fords since 1969 but they did not care, so when this ford goes i will not buy another and i told ford that i would recomend every one else i know not to buy ford

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a similar situation with a Dealership up here, they fixed my Taurus w/o a blink of an eye, bring my wife's Sable in and it was gong to cost $1000 (and it was still in the recall period). I said put the wheel back on and I'll be up for it, went to Advance bought two quick struts and had buddy install them ... all for under $500 (including 2 ball-joints)

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Necropost!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought the recall did not cover replacement of the springs but only installation of a plastic shield to prevent tire puncture in the event of spring failure

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Recall is applicable if the spring is already broken, Ford will replace the spring at no charge to you assuming the car still falls within the parameters of age and mileage.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Recall is applicable if the spring is already broken, Ford will replace the spring at no charge to you assuming the car still falls within the parameters of age and mileage.
Ha, I had to replace mine quickly so I did it at home. I should probably go to the dealership with the broken spring and see if they'll give me a new spring without installing it.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts