Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this? If i hit a bump the rearend of my 04 Sable skips to the right. If I hit a rough patch of road it is pronounced enough that I have to correct with the steering wheel. I first suspected steering issues so I replaced a loose ball joint and both outer tie rod ends. Front end is tight but problem persists. Replaced the rear sway bar bushings, no change. Noticed right tension arm (strut rod?) bushings slightly loose. Replaced the rear and added a spacer to the front because it was not available. Now it is tight but still have the same issue. Rearend sits level with no sag. Struts are not spongy and no broken springs. Control are bushings are all tight. I am pulling out what is left of my hair. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
2000 Taurus SES 12v
833 Posts
I assume this is one of the rear shocks (or both). If the front wheels slip or lose contact with the road, the car goes straight. If this happens with the rear wheels, the car gets totally out of control.
Struts are not spongy ...
I don't think you can easily verify that though. There used to be vibrating benches to check the health of the shocks, but I have the impression they are rare these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 99 did that, and both rear shocks were leaking a bit. Replaced both with full assemblies since everything was from factory, and it fixed it. I went with Sachs stuff from Rockauto, I'm more than satisfied with them so far

1 - 4 of 4 Posts