Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an odd problem on my mom's 03 Wagon that randomly started recently. When you hit the unlock button on the key fob the rear wiper blade moves about two inches or so into its cycle from the resting position. If you keep pressing the unlock button it will continue to move 2 inches or so after each press until it returns to its resting position. In addition to this, the interior lights come on after you press the button the first time and then go off and stay off during each additional press until the wiper returns to its resting position at which point the interior lights come back on.

If you get in and start the car and try to activate the rear wiper using the button on the dash then it won't move or anything. However, if you press the unlock button on the door then the wiper blade on the rear will complete one full cycle each time you hit the unlock button.

Everything else on the car is working fine. Any idea what's causing this? I tried searching but as you can imagine this doesn't appear to be a common issue.

It's almost like each electrical signal that gets sent to the door locks is also getting sent to the rear wiper somehow.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground to me. Check the wiper motor ground for corrosion, damage, etc as a start.

Reactions: kekaye56 and sheila
1 - 2 of 2 Posts