Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is a topic that is beat to death but I have yet to have someone with the same symptoms as me. I bought my 95' Sable a couple years ago off an old man. It had 15,000 original miles on it. I just tripped 30,000 this year. Ever since I bought the car the rear windows won't roll down. I push the buttons, which are lit, and the lights dim but no sound no roll down. Some time last year I was getting ticked and kept rocking the down and up buttons for the drivers side rear and it rolled up and down just fine....till I shut the car off then it's never worked since. Fuses are good. Could someone please give me another option here. I thought maybe the Master switch and stuck the locks on. I opened it all the way up and contacts were all good inside. That's how it acts though like the child rear window lock is on. Also while running my remote wire for my system I noticed under the dash a plug dangling. It has a red/blue wire and a brown'ish/white wire. I wiggled under the dash for half an hour hoping that was my problem but could not find anywhere for it to plug in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If the child lock is on, the lights turn off. It pretty much restricts all power from getting to any passenger door. So the fact that your lights are dimming when you press the button means the motors are in some way draining current from the battery.

The best thing to do is just start eliminating possibilities. It is weird that both motors went out at the same time, but you should probably take the door panels off and take the motors out.

The easiest way to test if the motor is good is to either keep it plugged in and press the button to see if the motor activates, or if you have a 12V source handy (like your battery), hook it up to the motor to see if it activates. Polarity does not matter, it just spins the motor a different way depending on it.

Also, if you have a voltmeter or multimeter handy, I would hook it up and see if power is getting through to different areas on a door.

If these seem to be fine and are getting power, then you are probably running into a current problem (motor is not getting enough power to move window).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts