Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my rear view mirror fall off and I need help getting it back on. I bought a mirror kit at Wal-mart but I can't get the metal peice out of the mirror. any suggustions would be appreciated. Keep in mind that I have limited tool sence I am at college.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
paper clip, toothpick or small flat screwdriver will usually do it.

Push it down in the slot that is there and it should release.
Be sure and clean the metal piece and your windshield with a razorblade before you put everything back on.

Mike
B)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Sep 23 2004, 10:27 AM
Paper Clip, have chewed piece of gum, and an envelope should do it.

LOL

Sal
Alright, slow it down there Macguyver. He has to learn how to use the Rubber band, Paper clip and pencil first.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by LineNoise+Sep 23 2004, 10:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LineNoise @ Sep 23 2004, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Sep 23 2004, 10:27 AM
Paper Clip, have chewed piece of gum, and an envelope should do it.

LOL

Sal
Alright, slow it down there Macguyver. He has to learn how to use the Rubber band, Paper clip and pencil first. [/b][/quote]
Duct tape is always the #1 thing that Mac uses. ;)

#1 MacGyver fan here (hides head in shame and runs away) :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I was watching MacGuyver this morning...the one with him finding the satellite and then falling down into the river...

Good ****...

JR

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Isn't there a set screw in the mirror base that holds it to the piece that glues to the windshield like on older cars? You will need an allen wrench of the proper size to turn the set screw.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 23 2004, 11:19 AM
I was watching MacGuyver this morning...the one with him finding the satellite and then falling down into the river...

Good ****...

JR
Hell yea, lol.

It's on everyday --- 11a.m. on Spike then it's on @ 2p.m. on TvLand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just did one today.... Find a small screw driver, jam it into that hole as much as you can and play with the metal thing to get it off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts