Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been covered in a previous forum, i appologize. I'm not going to search through hundreds of forums just to not repeat an already existing one.

I recently bought an 04 Taurus. My wife bought an 06 while we were dating. I have noticed many if not all of the taurus's i see on the roads up here in minnesota, have sagging rear suspenssions. Mine wasn't when i bought it in april, but with nothing more than my golf bag and softball bag in the trunk, i am noticing a drop in the rear end. what causes this? do i have to get station wagon springs to solve this? were these simply designed to not bear any load at all? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
oh the sag issue again.... its not just where you live its all over. the springs tend to settle over time. 2 ways to change this. one replace with coil overs. kyb seems to be a good choice, 2 raise the strut in the knuckle with a lil mod to the tab.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wouldn't they be considered to be coil overs already? I've had nothing but trucks my entire life but folded to the taurus to favor my 30 minute commute. so i'm not too familiar with car suspenssions. can i get a set of wagon springs from the junk yard and install them on my sedan?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The wagon springs will not fit.

The best solution would be to replace the srpings with Moog springs. They will bring you to stock. A few have used Gen2 Moog rear springs to raise it higher and a little stiffer. We have them here: Moog Springs

you might want to replace the struts at the same time as it would be the same labor. You can also go with Monroe Quick Struts.

We will have lowering springs released here this week as another option.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
yes it is a coil over. i should of said quick strut, strut with coil overs installed. sho is right. wagons wont work. and getting used is not a good idea. more then likely it wont solve the issue.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm in Mn also and another thing to really check is to be sure the springs are not broken. In the rust belt it is not uncommon for the front or rear springs to rust and break. I put progressive springs in my 2000 and it fixed the sag and I can load it down with a trunk load of softener salt without it scraping the ground anymore!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can vouch for the Moog Springs. I just installed them and they helped tremendously

1 - 7 of 7 Posts