Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I'm new to the forum and seek some advice. I've browsed through 30 odd pages but didn't find the answer.

I recently noticed a noise coming from the rear on my 03 wagon (50000 miles), when getting out to look I noticed the driver's side appeared to be sagging.

Took it to the dealership......diagnosed with a bad spring (under warranty). I asked them to replace the shocks at the same time and to do the passenger side aswell.

They replaced the springs, shocks and swaybar bushings on both sides (I also see brackets on the invoice).

The car still appears to sag to one side, there is about a 1 inch difference in height between the fender and the top of the tire on the drivers side versus the passenger side (both rear). I have an inclined driveway and I notice that I hear a clunk noise in the rear as the back tires are starting up the incline.

I tried driving up other inclines (entrances to some parking lots that are slightly raised above street level) and have heard the noise. Noise does not appear when driving over potholes.

Any ideas?

TIA........great forum

·
Registered
66 Posts
I could have to do with your wheel hitting your wheel well or the lip. I believe that when you hit a pot hole your springs extend so your wheel goes farther from your fender but when you are going up an incline more of the weight of the car is in the back end so compressing the springs and the wheel gets closer and closer to the wheel well. This could explain the clunk.

You did mention that you just got a new "back end" so to speak so all of what I wrote shouldn't really cause a clunk at all or even a sag. Have you checked your front suspension because if I'm not mistaken that could also effect a side to side sag.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought it back to the dealer to fix the above problems. The noise was coming from the gas tank lip rubbing against something (frame?). They re checked all the bolts, nuts, etc and the wagon is now fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts