Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the 95. when i hit a big bump, sometimes even on smaller ones, the rear susp makes a clank noise. im wondering what it is... im thinkin it might be the struts or could it be something else?

if it is the struts, are there more "performance" oriented ones? cause if im goin to fix them, i want better ones. im wondering if i can convince my parents to wait then find a SHO rear sway bar and have them install it at the same time... thoughts?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much are those? would it be worth swapping a sho rear sway bar at the same time? gettin it all done at a ford dealership

B

·
0 Posts
Rear endlinks are part # SL114hd from Autozone. They're about $8 each. I wouldn't have a dealer install those, unless you want to bring some KY jelly. For the rear swaybar, you'll also need larger body to swaybar bushings, which run around $30 or so. Add in about $50 for the swaybar, and another $60 or so for a normal mechanic's labor.

Actually, ask Greg if he still has that 26mm rear sway bar he owes me from last year. If he does, you can have it. If you decide to go with a 23 mm swaybar, let me know, I have one of those you can have for $40.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dad said we are doin the rear ourselves anyway. id want the sway bar that requires the least amount of $$ in other parts. and since my car isnt goin to see a track ever. i might consider that 23mm... ill shop around a lil to soo what else i can find..
thanks for the offer bob, have to ask my parental units

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
When I did my endlinks, I got a kit that cost me 13 dollars and I put it in, in an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts