Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the recall for the rear subframe mount nut that may break from corrosion affect all gen I/II cars?I dont live in one of the areas listed in the recall but sooner or later over time it may get corroded so should I install the recall kit to make the chassis stronger?Do you have to cut a section of the floor pan or can you install from under the car?

G

·
Probably the best way to find out if you're eligible for the recall is to go to ford.com, click on recall info (or something like that), and enter your VIN.

If you're not in a rust-prone area, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The dealer wouldn't care if there's a recall, they won't do it if you're not in the "salt belt" or whatever they call it. I took my car in to get a recall fixed (speed control something) and they wouldn't do it because I wasn't at risk because it hardly snows (if ever) in NV.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Qwertz9586  Posted on Yesterday at 8:14 pm
  The dealer wouldn't care if there's a recall, they won't do it if you're not in the "salt belt" or whatever they call it. I took my car in to get a recall fixed (speed control something) and they wouldn't do it because I wasn't at risk because it hardly snows (if ever) in NV.

You have some ****** dealers , or at least some ****** techs. When I worked at Ford recalls that were'nt brought in by the customer and recommended by the techwas like free money in the tech's pocket. We used to be all over recalls, warranty on the other hand is another story. :p

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
hrmmm.... interesting...

finally! and excuse to get some new subframe bushings! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts