Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a rear spoiler to my 2001 Taurus SEL.

I can purchase a 2001 stock spoiler from a junk yard and I have a few questions.

Is there a plug for the 3rd brake light or will I need to splice into the existing 3rd brake light?

Has anyone had a used spoiler painted at a body shop and how much did it cost?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Got mine brand new a year ago from bones enterprises on ebay including it already being painted. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't like mine. Hurts rearward vision and catches snow. Serves no useful purpose unless U are going much faster than the legal limit. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the replies. I think I will purchase one on ebay already painted.

I must install the spoiler to convince my wife she is driving a sporty car and not a family sedan.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
^ haha

To answer your question, the spoiler from the yard will need to be spliced into the factory wiring. The one from net will need to be spliced in as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Beleive it or not i bout mine out of a junk yard and not even for my car. Mine originally came from a Honda Accord. No its not a huge alluminum spoiler its actually almost like the OEM ones that you can get on the Taurus. I just had to do some fiberglass work and bondo the baby up and then had it painted. cost me maybe $50

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.