Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium with just under 84,000 miles. I bought the car with 21,330 miles and from day one I've had a problem with my rear suspension system. If I have three passengers in the back it rubs the tires when stopping or pulling out from a stop. Three years ago I had both the rear springs and struts replaced but the problem still exists. Is there anything else can be done to prevent this from happening other than smaller tires.......the tires I have are standard size 16". Any input will be truely appreciated.

·
Registered
402 Posts
QUOTE (bob10345 @ Mar 28 2009, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713133
I have a 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium with just under 84,000 miles. I bought the car with 21,330 miles and from day one I've had a problem with my rear suspension system. If I have three passengers in the back it rubs the tires when stopping or pulling out from a stop. Three years ago I had both the rear springs and struts replaced but the problem still exists. Is there anything else can be done to prevent this from happening other than smaller tires.......the tires I have are standard size 16". Any input will be truely appreciated.[/b]
If you've already replaced the struts and springs you could always move the rear struts higher up in the knuckle. Because remember you don't have to use the spot where the strut tab is as a bolting spot, just slide the strut higher and run your bolt through the knuckle and tighten down(screw the locater tab). Some here have moved the strut all the way up so that the bottom of the strut was even with the bottom of the knuckle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts