Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Ford Taurus with the fold down rear seats, so I can get into my trunk. The latch on the smaller driver side half has broken, I still have the loop there, but pulling on it doesn't do anything. That half is also stuck closed. I've been trying to find the replacement part, and how I should do it. I'm hoping someone on here has run into a similar issue or knows how to replace them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2006 Ford Taurus with the fold down rear seats, so I can get into my trunk. The latch on the smaller driver side half has broken, I still have the loop there, but pulling on it doesn't do anything. That half is also stuck closed. I've been trying to find the replacement part, and how I should do it. I'm hoping someone on here has run into a similar issue or knows how to replace them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The OEM part is YF1Z54624A94AAB Latch Asm Rear Seat Cu . Of course Tasca says it is discontinued, but Fordpartsgiant.com shows it available for Your Price: $37.47. You might need to read the service manual to fix this. Same as 00-07, so a 2004 service manual will work. I saw another member here offer online access for free.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm not sure this is the part he's looking for. Looking at my car seat, it's a latch hook mechanism. I also can't readily see how that can be accessed if it won't let go as it's embedded into the back of the fold-down portion of the seat and inaccessible from the trunk. To make matters worse, the entire rear seat back cannot be removed without getting that fold-down section out of the way as there are two mtg bolts behind that holding it in place. May have to start browsing the local JY's for a matching replacement seat before taking drastic action with yours if you must lower it. Otherwise, I'd let it be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts