Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the bulb covers for the rear plate lighting need replacing. One is completely smashed and the other is in poor condition.

Anyone got any chance of finding replacements in fairly good condition next time they are at a junk yard?

Help would be appreciated as I don't find too many old GenII Tauruses at the local scrapyard here in Norway!

Regards

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Hmm - maybe one of our members in the South will respond. In snow country, these are washed all winter with saltwater and don't like to come out.

Meanwhile, I entered "universal license plate light" in the US eBay site and saw a bunch of possibles. I didn't go into any to see if they ship to Norway, but I would think they'd be amenable.

Finally, I'd think any 12V car license lights would work, even motorcycle types. The flat VW Golf/Jetta type might be an easy glue-on using RTV (silicone rubber).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add to my previous post that the lights are in working order - both bulbs work fine! It is just the bulb covers which screw into the surrounding panel I need so it would be a simple case of switching them with a pair that are in better nick!

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There's a G2 Sable wagon at my local yard...I can check that wagon out, see if it's worth using if you want.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 21 2009, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719376
There's a G2 Sable wagon at my local yard...I can check that wagon out, see if it's worth using if you want.[/b]
Thanks! Please only check it out next time you're there anyway - don't go out of your way because this is not so important.

But if you happen to be there and can look at these fittings, if they are in good order I'm certainly interested and appreciate the offer. Thanks!

:cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The Gen 2 sedans use the same license plate light bulb covers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts