Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably this question has been around the forums. I always liked the Gen. 3 SHO and the way it looks but I was wondering if it is possible to swap the rear bumper to a 1997 Mercury Sable? Do you have to make any kind of modifications if it doesn't fit? I wonder if the front SHO bumper fits to? I will appreciate any kind of help :unsure:

Frank.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The Gen III Sable and the SHO have different rear bumpers, quarterpanels, taillights, and trunk lids. You would have to do a considerable amount of fabrication to get the SHO bumper to fit the rear end. If I were you, I'd just sell the Sable and get a SHO if you really want the look. To put the bumper on there without the engine is just :rice: , but, to each his own...

**Edit** The front bumper would fit, but again, you'd have to change alot of the hardware up there. The front headlights and grill are different, so you'd have to replace all of them. Just buy a SHO...
JR

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
rear bumper is longer on a sable, sho it would take alot more than changing body pannels.

As for the comment about it being rice....i disagree...as long as the sho badge is not one there, your good to go. ITs the equivilant of having a body kit.

Brad

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jun 12 2004, 08:33 AM
As for the comment about it being rice....i disagree...as long as the sho badge is not one there, your good to go. ITs the equivilant of having a body kit.

Brad
Totally agree. Besides, everyone has their own definition of Rice, mine may not be the same as yours or the same as the next person. :D

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thank you for replying to my post. According to the Sable front bumper I noticed the headlights and grill are not the same as the one in the SHO. In my opinion I agree with Brad it will not look too rice I think, could look very unique from other Sables out there. I'll probably buy and SHO and keep my Sable at the same time. The only problem here in Miami I just saw one SHO ( Gen. 3) so I think they are not very common in here, but I have to search around or buy it in another state. Thanks you for the replies I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Look up in the more densly populated old people areas. Many old people buy SHOs because they want the high end version, not even knowing what they own. You can probably get a decent Gen III old person SHO with low miles for like $12,000, but you'd probably have to look out in like the Fort Myers area...take a plane from Miami to Fort Myers and drive back...

JR

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy s*** I was looking through the web to buy a Ford Taurus SHO 96-99 and I came out to see this guy selling a Ford Taurus SHO 97, which was involved in very bad accident and I asked him if he would sell parts for this car and he was willing to do that. The engine seems to be in perfect shape and runs fine so he told me he could sell me the *whole engine* (everything example: transmission, alternator, etc) to me for $2000. Actually I am going to buy it without thinking too much for this price. Do you think he's giving me a nice price for it? :poop:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts