Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that my car's rear left window stopped working. When I press the button to roll it down, nothing happens. Where do I start to fix this?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty awesome because I just sealed that doors mid section with a layer of raammate bxt2 and ensolite (for no good reason probably).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After slamming the door a few times, it started working again, with a forceful noise. Could the window motor be going bad? The strange thing is that this window is rarely used.

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
Maybe elec. conn. or motor corroded. If accessible, might unplug and plug a few times and spray both ends with some elec. contact cleaner and follow up with dielectric grease. Also, i would spray window tracks with silicone lube spray.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe elec. conn. or motor corroded. If accessible, might unplug and plug a few times and spray both ends with some elec. contact cleaner and follow up with dielectric grease. Also, i would spray window tracks with silicone lube spray.
+1

The taking the motor out, and lubing up the track helped the window move up and down. Try taking out the motor, keep it plugged in and test to see if it moves not connected to the window. Be sure not to lose the nuts that you take off!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1

The taking the motor out, and lubing up the track helped the window move up and down. Try taking out the motor, keep it plugged in and test to see if it moves not connected to the window. Be sure not to lose the nuts that you take off!

Ok. I'll try this if it gets stuck again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW! mine same window stopped working at 40,000 miles on my 04 about 2 years ago. I just went outside and tried the "slam the door trick" and it works fine now?!?!?!?!?!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts