Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the other day I was at a major intersection waiting to turn right. While I was waiting I look across the intersection and on the opposite corner from me I see a Gen 4 Sable turning right. It looked average, average driver - a guy maybe around mid 40's. I start to check out the car and notice is has rear wheel disc brakes! :eek: I know that's definitely what I saw, not a doubt in my mind. Now, my question is, did he do the swap? or was there a Sable that came with them? He certainly didn't look like the "type" to do a swap, but then again you never know. :)

oh, and it wasn't a wagon :p

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I've never heard of a Gen 4 Sedan getting discs...thats crazy talk! jk...

He might just well have done a swap. AFAIK, the only sedans to get rear discs were SHOs and certain Gen IIIs...try to find the guy again and ask him. He also might have bought the car used from someone and the swap had already been done. Maybe the car was in an accident and the owner had the shop do a disc conversion??? IDK...just throwing out ideas here...

JR

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hubcaps with the fake rotor look? They didn't come from the factory with disks.

Stop him next time, if you can.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Spinner hub caps???

I saw a new Saturn on the Jersey Turnpike a couple weeks ago doing like 75 with spinner hub caps on it. One was turning like 2 million miles an hour, the other was stationary...

JR

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Who knows...maybe Ford has done something with the Sable lineup, like using up parts from "wagon bucket"?

I saw a new Saturn on the Jersey Turnpike a couple weeks ago doing like 75 with spinner hub caps on it. One was turning like 2 million miles an hour, the other was stationary...
Sounds like a quality install job.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I've also seen on Yahoo! Auctions these "spinner" conversion kits, where you take your normal dubs, and take off the center cap, then attach a "spinner kit" directly to the hub. I think they were like 100 bucks per wheel, and they were made of plastic...POS

JR

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These definitely weren't hubcaps - stock Sable rims... :unsure: I'm guessing I was either seeing things or somebody did a conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts