Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Rear bumper collision repair?

9K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  taurusglv6 
What would you guys do, get a 20 some dollar one that was off color or pay closer to 75 for a one that matches the car?
I would rather have the one that matches, but that is because:
· I have the funds to do it
· I like my car to look good, if practical
Your desires and means may vary. When I was driving a "beater" I tried to keep it looking reasonable, but would not put much money into it if I didn't have to.

Besides, what are we talking about here - a red bumper on a blue car? Or one that is close, but off a little?

A completely different color is gettin dangerously close to replacin yer broke out winder w/ plastic and duct tape IMO, but that's just me.

Git er done

I was thinking more like hunter green one for cheap and mine being a teal green for more money but fits much better. I would only go with a really off color one if it was for free or if a green bumper would cost me 500 dollars. I paid to get the transmission fixed and want to keep this car for as long as i can. I plan on saving for a 4th gen bull eventually but after i get my monies worth outta the 2nd gen bull.
Well, by all means, do what you need to do. Put it in good working order as cheaply as possible and press on! Dave Ramsey would completely agree w/ me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.