Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my heater core replaced, and now,(doubt its related) when I turn on the wipers, I get normal operation out of the driver side, but the passenger side only moves 1-2 inches. If I move it, it will sweep ALL the way to the other side, and stay there... any troubleshooting ideas? How does the motor test its sweep?

96 Taurus...

Thanks in advance!

-TaurusRumor

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Most likely the nut that holds the arm to the acutator needs to be tightened down. Remove the cap at the base of the arm and tighten down the nut in there with a 15mm socket.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
:werd:
The mechanic likely had the cowl off while working on your car, and didn't torque the nut. Also happens a lot in the winter when ppl turn the wipers on while they're frozen to the windshield or buried in heavy snow. The linkage moves, but the arm doesn't, and the stub shaft spins inside it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the issue, exactly! :D

Just a little "Righty-Tighty", and she's sweepin' again!

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it! :thumb:

Have happy holidays!

-TR
:tcca_small:

edit: wow, you answered that ONE minute after I posted it!
You ROCK!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Anyone have a problem with there wiper blade poping off the arm. Its only happened in the ice, i dont know if im not putting it on right or if there something wrong with the wiper blade.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Anyone have a problem with there wiper blade poping off the arm. Its only happened in the ice, i dont know if im not putting it on right or if there something wrong with the wiper blade.
[/b]
Probably not putting it on right...

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
It probably wasn't pushed on all the way until it "clicked" in and locked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts