Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am replacing the tranny on my 96 sable dohc 24v. the tranny keeps slipping into neutral and just does not feel right anymore. like driving a standard with a slippery clutch, so I had a parts sable that had the tranny rebuilt at a 150K. Time to take the donner tranny

anything procedures on doing this by dropping the craddle?

·
Registered
834 Posts
QUOTE (Drummer @ Apr 3 2009, 07:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714891
Hey all,

I am replacing the tranny on my 96 sable dohc 24v. the tranny keeps slipping into neutral and just does not feel right anymore. like driving a standard with a slippery clutch, so I had a parts sable that had the tranny rebuilt at a 150K. Time to take the donner tranny

anything procedures on doing this by dropping the craddle?[/b]
There is a few threads in the "Topic Finder" at the top of the page...under the "Transmission" section.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
If the G3 is anything like the G2 (which with my luck im sure its not) just disconnect everything, and drop the subframe, shouldnt be too much more then that to get the engine/trans both out. Take the old trans out, bolt the new one in, put the engine back in, re-connect everything.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just replaced the AX4N in my '97 last week. I've worked on quite a few of these cars. It's not that tough of a job. A lift makes it real easy. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
It's usually called R&R

Good Luck

Mike
B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts