Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see no one responded to what i wrote in "How much did you pay so i am re writing my post hope to get an answer.
okay update on the transmission i guess when he was cleaning the inside of the case the inside shattered is that possible?? Also he said he cant find another case because the case he ordered didnt fit my engine i thought all the cases fit..is there a different setup for the 3.8 and sho's imho i think hes talking smack...

G

·
Not sure what's going on, however the case could have been cracked before, and he just noticed it upon cleanup.

At this point, I would recommend either getting a rebuilt trans somewhere, or a junkyard unit and have him rebuild that.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok still no one answered my question DOES ALL THE CASES (SHO, 3.8 FIT MY ENGINE OR NOT ARE THERE DIFFERENT SETUPS FOR ALL THE ENGINES DIFFRENT BOLT ON PATTERNS OR WHAT..i WANT TO KNOW IF THIS GUY IS TALKING OUT OF HIS BUTT. A RESPONSE COULD BE NICE.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
ALL THE BOLT PATTERNS SHOULD BE THE SAME. TO MY KNOWLEDGE THE CASES MIGHT BE DIFFERENT BETWEEN GENERATION (I.E> THE AXOD, AXOD-E/AX4S, AND AX4N MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT BUT I'M NOT REALLY SURE. YOU MAY WANT TO TRY POSTING ON SHOFORUM AS THEY PROBABLY HAVE A COUPLE TRANNY TECHS OVER THERE.

ENJOY THE CAPS.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE AX4S USED IN THE SHO, AND ON THE POLICE PACKAGE TO A LESSER EXTENT, THE CASES ARE ESSENTIALLY THE SAME. THE AX4N, IF YOU HAVE ONE, MIGHT BE DIFFERENT INTERNALLY. EITHER WAY, IT'S NOT LIKE THERE WERE A LACK OF TAURUSES THAT YEAR, SO FINDING A NEW CASE SHOULDN'T PROVE VERY DIFFICULT OR ANYTHING. MAYBE IF YOU COULD PROVIDE MORE DETAIL AS TO WHAT THE TRANNY TECH SAID, WE COULD LET YOU KNOW IF HE'S BEING TRUTHFUL OR JERKIN' YOUR CHAIN.

In the future, please understand that a simple bump will suffice in bringing your topic to the top of the forum for exposure. TYPING IN ALL CAPS will do nothing more than annoy people, and garner responses such as myself and Alex provided above, rather than answer your inquiry. :D

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
what car do you have, what tranny do you have, is it an sho, is it a 5 speed....i dont no these things either :p But furthermore, Ford pretty much jumbled the transmission around, more than likley you have an AXOD tranny, they've been seen in the first gens all the way to the early 3rd gens, and on some SHO's during those years. There is a very slim chance you have an AX4N.

As far as I know all the transmissions cases are the same, even those from the lincoln continental should work.....

As far as the transmission "shattering", I dont know what thats supposed to mean....If the car was running fun and shifting fine.....and not leaking fluid I dont see what he would be talking about... was the tranny looking fluid? The case may have been cracked to begin with if it was......

Honestly it sounds like a load of BS to me

This is the best answer i can give you without any additional information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts