Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: How to wash your car using QEW

All the images in the 'HOW TO WASH YOUR CAR USING QEW' thread are 404 'not found' can someone please fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You might want to pm the member that originally posted the content if they are still active. Many times, people use links to offsite storage for photos, then later delete the photos or account on the host site, making them inaccessible. No way for anyone but the OP to fix this.

·
Administrator
14,913 Posts
The thread...:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/102-detailing-cleaning/85636-how-wash-your-car-using-qew.html
...is 10 years old. As Tyson pointed out, it is probably not realistic to expect pics hosted offsite to be available a decade later. Had you followed the working link in it you would have ended up finding out all you wanted to know here:

In the future when you are referencing a thread please either comment that thread or at least provide a link to it.

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Those pics were actually hosted here at one point. If it were my guess, the mod images directory doesnt exist anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The thread...:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/102-detailing-cleaning/85636-how-wash-your-car-using-qew.html
...is 10 years old. As Tyson pointed out, it is probably not realistic to expect pics hosted offsite to be available a decade later. Had you followed the working link in it you would have ended up finding out all you wanted to know here:
Quick & Easy Wash Demonstration - YouTube

In the future when you are referencing a thread please either comment that thread or at least provide a link to it.
I don't know why I keep getting flak about thread age, this information is still useful to people and I came to this site for all of this great information (new or old). I shouldn't have to follow links OUT of this site to read and follow the thread because the images aren't here for whatever reason. This is a "STICKY" thread for Christs sake! Even if the member isn't active surely we can find these images to put here, because apparently they were lost when the site was moved 30 times and it wasn't OPs fault.

I didn't link to the thread because it's one of three stickies at the top of the page....

·
Administrator
14,913 Posts
The images were pics taken by the posting member who hasn't even logged in for over 7 years and most likely doesn't even still have the pics, wherever he is. So how exactly you expect that 'we' are supposed to be able to recover them is beyond me. The answers you sought regarding the product and procedure for using it are in fact there at the website referenced. I am guessing this 'we' you refer to really means the staff here. 'We' are all volunteers here. 'We' do not get compensated, 'we' do not work for Autoguide and sure as heck 'we' do not work for you. A lot of time and effort gets put in by the staff here just to keep this place up and running as smoothly as it does now. Maybe you could take that into consideration and adjust your expectations of what 'we' should be doing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The images were pics taken by the posting member who hasn't even logged in for over 7 years and most likely doesn't even still have the pics, wherever he is. So how exactly you expect that 'we' are supposed to be able to recover them is beyond me. The answers you sought regarding the product and procedure for using it are in fact there at the website referenced. I am guessing this 'we' you refer to really means the staff here. 'We' are all volunteers here. 'We' do not get compensated, 'we' do not work for Autoguide and sure as heck 'we' do not work for you. A lot of time and effort gets put in by the staff here just to keep this place up and running as smoothly as it does now. Maybe you could take that into consideration and adjust your expectations of what 'we' should be doing.

Well if "WE" as in 'You the staff' don't want to fix sticky threads because you are so busy maybe it shouldn't be a sticky. I figured maybe you could recover the images from backups of the old sites.

Edit: I see you have already removed this as a sticky. This can be closed now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
jag1959
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing