Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

#1 - What is that ground for exactly? I have an aftermarket radio upfront and currently it's spliced into the stock ground, is that where it goes to and if not where does the upfront ground go to? Also what is connector below #1?

#2 I'm almost positive that plug is for speakers and what not

#3 What does this control? Can it be unplugged if I have an aftermarket stereo?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (adio @ Jun 25 2009, 04:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735059
#1 - What is that ground for exactly? I have an aftermarket radio upfront and currently it's spliced into the stock ground, is that where it goes to and if not where does the upfront ground go to? Also what is connector below #1?

#2 I'm almost positive that plug is for speakers and what not

#3 What does this control? Can it be unplugged if I have an aftermarket stereo?

Thanks[/b]
How exactly did you install and aftermarket stereo with out dealing with these plugs?
The Grounding bolt is the G300 and G301 (This is what you marked as #1)
The connectors left to right are
C388a, C388b, C388c
Grounds
  • G300should be 2 i-lets connected. for CD-Changer, Phone docking station (don't bother), and mic for docking station. (all spliced upstream from bolt)
  • G301. Is for the RCU. If you only have 1 I-let connected to this bolt. That is it.
Connections.
  • C388a has the 8 speaker connections, Antenna Trigger, Grounds</span> with Integrated Control Panel, CD/Cassette audio, HOT in start w/park or neutral, Ground. This can be safely disconnected for Aftermarket stereo. (this is what you marked as #3)
    [*]C388c - CD- changer, and phone dock (don't bother unless you have a nokia from like 1998), and another ground.
    <span style="color:#2E8B57">This can be safely disconnected for Aftermarket stereo.
Your aftermarket stereo needs an installed kit from. American International, Schosche, or Metra Online. Any of those purchases retail (not ebay) will included a 28' cable that will.
  • Plug in to the Integrated control panel Body Harness to to obtain Ground and Rear Window Defroster wires.
  • And the other end needs to be run down the Kick panels to the Luggage compartment. This will plug in to those body harnesses that are currently plugged into that RCU. And the Antenna connection too.
The the whole thing gets soldered or butt spliced into your Aftermarket radio harness.

That is what you are suppose to do.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I hooked up my stereo right, was just wondering if I would be able to remove the RCU all together, which it looks like I can? And does anyone know where the ground upfront is bolted to?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Yea the RCU can be completely removed.
The ground being used by the Control panel is pin 1 and pin 12
Pin 1 is ckt 57 almost all grounds are labeled this circuit.

There is an ilet behind the glove box above the glove box light.

Both of these grounds use that I-let. That is where ground comes from for Pin 1 and 12

Pin 1 is Black. Pin 12 is Black with Yellow Tracer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts