Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Devoted Member
2,407 Posts
Well, the stock RCU is 3 watts x 4 channels, the Mach is 20 x 4, whadda ya think? The JBL is the same wattage as the Mach, but the low frequencies are bandpassed to the JBL powered sub, and a JBL system doesn't sound right without the sub. All of the sail pane tweeters sound pretty much the same, and don't come with the stock base system. The JBL system has a bit more low end punch than the Mach due to it's design, and is a nice alternative to an aftermarket "box in the trunk" type sub setup, it won't rattle your trim loose or piss off the neighbors when you drive by their house, but adds some nice low end bump. I think the JBL sub amp is rated at 70 watts mono, IIRC.

(edit: and no, JBL doesn't stand for Junk But Loud)

· Devoted Member
2,407 Posts
"All of the sail pane tweeters sound pretty much the same, and don't come with the stock base system"

In ALOT of Gen 3's they had tweeters with unmarked grilles and base RCU. Thats where ive got alot that ive resold on ebay.
You are correct my friend, Rosie had them too. I was thinking about all the fleet/base models after G3, not too many out there with them, including my Daughter's '02. When we first got the car she asked me why the system in her car doesn't sound as good as mine. I foolishly explained the Mach upgrade to her, and now guess what I have to come up with this year. She also asked me if her rear drums can be upgraded to discs!, I think she's been secretly lurking around the TCCA lately, now that she has her own Bull! LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.