340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an RCA to VGA conversion cable... avg Price - $75

Found several VGA to RCA conversion cable... avg price - $5

Why is there such a difference?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
wait what are u trying to do, watch TV on a computer screen? or use the TV as a computer screen?

If your trying to watch TV on a computer screen then yeah, all you need is this cable.

If your trying to use the TV as a computer screen you need a tv-out capable video card (most cards made in the past 5 years have this) but unless you have a HDTV, it looks like garbage for the most part.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, a different combination.

But now I am looking into using a RS_232C connection to transmit video to an LCD panel.

But, the jist of it is converting the RCA (or even S-Video) into an input for the LCD Panel.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
why not get a TV tuner for your LCD? theyre pretty cheap now, and you would have a variety of inputs to choose from.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
PC TV tuner cards have a slight delay from the source to the monitor. I have a TV tuner card hooked up with a splitter in the cable going to the TV and there is like a 1 or 2 second delay on the PC monitor compared to the TV on the same source. If the audio is processed elsewhere other than the TV tuner card (eg- computer's sound card or a separate receiver) then the audio and video will not be synced. It's even worse for gaming with stuff happening a second or two after you press a button.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I have the cheapest Tv tunner card you can get off ebay, and i don't have any lag.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
at my apartment we have two hdmi dvr boxes and one tv hooked up straight the cable. The dvr boxes are abour 1 second behind the other tv, but its not lag, it just seems to get the signal later.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Apr 8 2009, 12:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716165
PC TV tuner cards have a slight delay from the source to the monitor. I have a TV tuner card hooked up with a splitter in the cable going to the TV and there is like a 1 or 2 second delay on the PC monitor compared to the TV on the same source. If the audio is processed elsewhere other than the TV tuner card (eg- computer's sound card or a separate receiver) then the audio and video will not be synced. It's even worse for gaming with stuff happening a second or two after you press a button.[/b]
Mine doesn't have the lag or sync issues either. :dunno: :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts