Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked this question before and got helpful answers, but the problem seems to be getting worse. I took my dash apart due to the dash shaking horribly. I looked everything over and the dash seemed solid and tight. So I put all back together. When I drive around, my CD Player will skip when I hit ruts in the road. I have driven other cars over these spots and it seems smooth riding. My suspension seems to be in good shape when I do the bounce test (only one bounce after I push on it), but I here a his coming from the shocks. No, I do not see it leaking hydraulic fluid. The dash rattling is driving me nuts. What should I be looking for? Please help.

David

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Stock shocks are usually rated for 50k miles. But G2s are known for dash bounce. I had slightly unbalanced tires that would cause my G2's dash shake at 75 MPH, but the feel through the steering wheel and seats didn't feel that bad.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dash is rattles only when I hit ruts and rough spots in the road. It shakes really bad in the middle of the dash. Other than that the dash is solid. Also my dash does not shake at high speeds, so I believe I have balanced tires. My friends dash in his Taurus split in half because of the rattle. What can I do to reinforce the dash?

Thanks for any help,
David

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Some people reported after installing the floor shift console that their dash didn't shake as much. If that seems too much, maybe you can make a bracket to mount to the bottom of the ashtray.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts