Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh everyone, hope you all are doing good. Anyway, I recently installed new 6x8 Pioneer speakers in the rear of the car where the factory's use to be, and now when the bass hits, there is a rattle/vibration noise coming from the rear mounting frame, or whatever you want to call it. My question is, would putting dynamat there stop the rattle/vibration noise from the bass, or would it not. You'll have to forgive me here, but I'm new to the car audio world. Would appreciate you all's help.

The Godfather.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Crank the bass, crawl in the trunk and find the rattle. You should be able to figure out how to stop it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've got the same problem. My car sounded awsome for about 3 months, and then the rear deck started rattling. Its not that annoying for me because I'm used to it, but for other people its kind of annoying.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Sounds like crap if you are on the outside. Makes you look the fool......

·
Registered
236 Posts
well, actually no. Its not my trunk that rattles, just my rear deck. Outside the car sounds awsome. The inside is the only place I can hear the rattle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo Schimmel, what be up dude? I messaged ya the other day, wondering where you've been. Anyway, that rattle of mine, not only can I hear it from inside the car, I can hear it from outside the car. It really sux. But, would it be easier just to get some dynamat and apply it rather trying to find the rattle?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
i had a rattle from the deck too... it was this piece of metal... a self tapping screw solved the problem.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts