Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went to home depot, then walmart, then the two hardware stores in my town. and all i find is the long piece of gutter guard about 2-3 feet max, which is not long enough to cover my lower valence!

cant believe it right in the gutter section they only have the once piece sections, I cant find the roll of the stuff ANYWHERE!

should i buy it online or what?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
stucco lathe

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Honestly? I don't think you should trash up, and cheapen, your sable like that. Though, I've NEVER been a fan of that gutter crap.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i found mine at either home depot or menards cant remember but it took me forever to find cause it was off in one of the corners hidden...

on a side not i am thinking of taking mine off of the sable i like it on the contour but you can see too much behind it on the sable and at certain angles you cant even tell it is there it looks like my normal grille with the badge taken off. but i have to find new stuff, what i am getting at is that in some aplications i think it looks good but in others it looks like crap... its cheap though so whatever

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have always loved it, mark can you suggest something similar that has some more thickness?

i am going to use it across my lower valence (i dont care much about that because its barely visable) but i want to do the grille nice.

·
Registered
340 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 19 2009, 12:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710287
i have always loved it, mark can you suggest something similar that has some more thickness?

i am going to use it across my lower valence (i dont care much about that because its barely visable) but i want to do the grille nice.[/b]
bear with me -
I presume this is simply a cosmetic thing with no other added benefit, right?

·
Registered
512 Posts
QUOTE (BetterDays @ Mar 19 2009, 04:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710296
QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 19 2009, 12:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710287

i am going to use it across my lower valence (i dont care much about that because its barely visable) but i want to do the grille nice.[/b]
bear with me -
I presume this is simply a cosmetic thing with no other added benefit, right?
[/b][/quote]
you mean it don't add about 15 hp to it with it installed its just cosmetic :homer: i thought it did

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I think you just have to buy a couple of the short ones and line them up next to each other. Somebody else with a G4 did that a while ago.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Ive got a roll of that somewhere around the house ill sell it to u if you want it.... I never used it cause the diamonds on it are vertical and not horizontal.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
There are various sizes of expanded metal. Not sure how small it goes. The stuff I work with is a bit too beefy for lower-valence duty.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive used heavy grade mess its called stazi mesh on the contour forums cause this guy with the last name of stazi, made all the stuff at his company and would sell it, very thick but yes, too great for what im looking for.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Stucco lathe.... Again

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Big box hardware stores

1 - 15 of 15 Posts