Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've changed the plugs and wires and it was good for a couple of days then i was getting the tps code...fixed that. Now I'm getting random hesitation with no code or the cel will come on but then go back off...any ideas? I'm thinking fuel filter or gas cap

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
If the CEL came on, there will be a code set.

Gas cap problem (leak) will set and EVAP code, but will not effect the wa
y the car runs.

With that said, Checking fuel trims should help narrow the problem down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked the codes again...it's the same P0303 (#3 cylinder) and the accompanying P0316. These were the original 2 codes that prompted me to change the plugs and wires. The car did run fine for a couple of days after wards...any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This sounds identical to the issue I am having. I am currently pulling PO302 (Cylinder 2 Misfire) and a PO316 (Misfire Detected First 1,000 Revolutions) I have been goin bonkers tryin to figure this out. It also only happened after I changed the plugs and wires. I have tried swapping the old parts back on to no avail, replacing parts, etc.

Please if you find a solution let me know

P.S.- I've also have done just about all diag. tests you perform on it...nothin...everything checks out ok...WTF?

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Yes, if you have an ohmmeter and a haynes or chiltons with the how-to and specs, you can run primary and secondary resistance tests. Or you can remove it and run it to autozone for them to test it. Only problem is the coil(s) can test in spec, yet still fail under load.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Coil on plug?
Move the coil to another cylinder and see if the code follows it. COP coils interchange.
Injector issues will toss a misfire code also, went through this on my GMC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts