Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around to get estimates on how much it would be to fix a big dent I recently got in from an accident. When leaving one of the shops I drove over a hard to see curb and the body of the car got stuck on the curb. Then the guy who works there came out saying it happens all the time and helped me jack it up and drive it back over.

Unfortunately, now my car has a big clunk when I first accelerate. I don't think its when it shifts from first to second, just when I first hit the gas and let go of the gas at speeds under 15 mph. The engine also shakes pretty hard now when I start it up. Any ideas what it could be? I have a feeling I damaged either the motor mounts or the sub frame mounts, but would that cause that clunk? It's a 92 3.0 L.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
sounds like it to me. Check all the bolts to seeif there ok. Motor and subframe mounts are mad expensive. If it turns out to be a subframe bushing, theres a group buy right now for aluminum ones

Brad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.