Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was at a light, and this guy in a GEN 1 SHO was there aside me.
Well, everyone was moving, and he was having probs getting his car moving, it was a clutch. You could tell by the way he was struggling... (die, start...)

And I take off, well, before I could see him, he like bullets past me and a few other cars that are turning. he was turning too, not cutting off.

So i think, "Jesus christ, those B$#@#$%S are fast as hell" I mean yeah, SHO is not slow, but i didn't think they could move THAt fast off the line. But then, did you guys not say the GEN 1 SHO is the fastest one out there for SHO? I guess it is good i have a SLO, I would get in a lot of trouble with the SHO. G.D it, i still want one! I notice they are like twice as much $$$ for a GEN II or even Gen 1. maybe one day...

SABLE - the later sables, they are REALLY luxurious looking. I think they are nicer than Lincoln Town cars of same years. Ehh, too bad they don't make the late Tauruses as nice. Funny thing, the OLD Sables are not that stylish. I am not dissing the old Sable, But they went from rags to riches.

So back to the SHO, they are fast off the line, but what about at highwat speeds. Say you are doing around 50-55 and need to kick it up to around 75 or 80 in a hurry for passing or waht not? Do they kick as much a** at higher speeds?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well, Mercury was suppose to be an upscale Ford. Affordable luxury like Buick or Chrysler. Now, they've grouped it close to Lincoln as you can see by the ads.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by PC_Marine@Dec 22 2003, 08:08 PM
Yeah SHOs are awesome.

I wish Ford put that Supercharged Gen4 "SHO" into production. Mmmmm.... 250+ HP of goodness
All I can say is I hope the 3.5L Duratec becomes a Taurus option.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by impatient95@Dec 22 2003, 03:14 PM
Do they kick as much a** at higher speeds?
Even moreso with a well-maintained MTX SHO.

FWIW, SHO's are better from a high-RPM (highway) punch than they are off-the-line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts