Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I currently bought my Sable and I was wondering what I can do to raise my car a bit, maybe two to three inches, it just feels so small compared to any other cars around here. I want to raise the rear about three inches and the front an inch or so.

What would you reccommend to raise the height besides bigger tires.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
By "other cars," do you mean "small SUVs and compact trucks?"

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I mean by other mid-size cars such as Impalas, Monte Carlo's, OTHER Sables, Camry's, and stupid Beaters like 1990 Toyota Camry's.

Might have worn out suspension, is there any other say to just get the look im trying to get?

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Your car has 200k miles on it. So it probably needs springs and struts all the way around. That should correct the ride height. These cars are know for having a saggy rear end. The springs just wear out quick.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats very true, anything you would suggest to get my look? As in measurements and heights?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You can look into stock replacement type stuff like Monroe Quick Struts or Moog Springs. You can also go with KYB struts.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I raised mine up with code KUM in the rear. They do not make them anymore, so anything you find will be used. TRW also makes springs that are taller, I run those in the front.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
get cargo coil

it will make the car higher and stay there when the car is loaded up

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I dunno about size, my 98 when put wheel to wheel with most is longer on both the front and back. It is considerably lower than most cars though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
YES, they are! Difficult to enter and exit every day!! Get spacers for the front and rear springs. Get Moog CC859 Variable Rate springs for the rear. Loosen pinch bolt on rear strut, cut off small tab, slide strut down as as far as safely possible, to get 28.5 INCHES from center of hub straight up to lip on body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts