Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded and printed the instructions on how to replace a Taurus cabin air filter (THANKS!). However, I did this AFTER my mechanic replaced the filter (which I did not even know I had). It had never leaked before and this was the first replacement of the filter. Now it leaks VERY bad whenever we have a heavy rain. The plastic fairing always laid flat against the windshield, but not since the filter replacement. It bows up 1/4"-3/8" RIGHT ABOVE the filter. I was sure it was their fault for not getting all four ears back in the proper slots and seated. I removed it myself today, made sure it was clipped all the way down, and it still bows up above the filter. What are my options, other than buying a new fairing for $60, which may go bad as soon as the next filter is replaced? By the way, I have had 1/2" of water standing on top of my floor mats on the front passenger side after every heavy rain. Fixes?

P.S. My Taurus has only 40K

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (2004SES @ Mar 5 2009, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705856
I downloaded and printed the instructions on how to replace a Taurus cabin air filter (THANKS!). However, I did this AFTER my mechanic replaced the filter (which I did not even know I had). It had never leaked before and this was the first replacement of the filter. Now it leaks VERY bad whenever we have a heavy rain. The plastic fairing always laid flat against the windshield, but not since the filter replacement. It bows up 1/4"-3/8" RIGHT ABOVE the filter. I was sure it was their fault for not getting all four ears back in the proper slots and seated. I removed it myself today, made sure it was clipped all the way down, and it still bows up above the filter. What are my options, other than buying a new fairing for $60, which may go bad as soon as the next filter is replaced? By the way, I have had 1/2" of water standing on top of my floor mats on the front passenger side after every heavy rain. Fixes?

P.S. My Taurus has only 40K[/b]
Get some silicone and go to town around the cowling that sits on the windshield. It's a pretty dumb design.

You might also want to look into a thread pinned under the common problems section of Maintenance and Repair entitled "I gots the curse". You can spread some silicone around the AC drain to prevent water from entering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts