Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
I personally wouldn't consider a OEM to OEM with Navigation a upgrade. Especially 2008 models where you should be able to change out with aftermarket with so many more features. As to whether it can be done fairly easy I am not sure. I am fairly certain that some newer Kenwood's have GPS built in so check that route.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally wouldn't consider a OEM to OEM with Navigation a upgrade. Especially 2008 models where you should be able to change out with aftermarket with so many more features. As to whether it can be done fairly easy I am not sure. I am fairly certain that some newer Kenwood's have GPS built in so check that route.

I agree that replacing one OEM radio for another may NOT be a true upgrade however in this instance it is. I have looked at the Panasonic navigation however it would not allow for the use of the steering wheel buttons. I'm looking for the "Plug en Play" not having to do a lot of cut en splicing..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*****UPDATE*****
So I took the gamble and purchased the above listed radio and purchased a GPS antenna from e-bay and after about a 15 minute install process everything worked as a champ. The navigation radio DID NOT require dealer programming and worked right away. I also purchased a new updated map DVD from eBay so that I have updated maps. Some have said that this is not a "upgrade" due to the limited features of the radio however, I wanted a "Turn Key" radio that would be plug and play and didn't require cutting and re-splicing of the factory wiring. All in all "I'M" happy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you notice any difference in the sound quality after the upgrade? I upgraded from the Audiophile AM/FM stereo/6-disc in-dash CD changer to the Audiophile DVD Navigation System and the first thing I noticed was 'better' sound quality.

Cheers from Claremore, OK! :)
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking of "upgrading" my audio system (Sony) in my 2010 Taurus Limited to a touch-screen Nav/audio/bluetooth system...is there a particular one that is highly recommended?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
99wagon
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing