Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.my son recently purchased a 2003 taurus and he would like to add a cd player.my thought is to remove the stock am/fm radio and replace it with a stock am/fm/cd unit.What year units swap correctly with my sons car? I have found a few in a local salvage yard 2000/2001&2002 models .Which is the best choice and are there any numbers that have to match up etc?I do not want to interfere with security system/airbags etc.Your help is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance Jim L.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
it will swap over if you have manual controls for heat/ac

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You need a 2002 and newer model for plug-and-play. 2000/2001 have different connectors for the temperature dials. This isn't a big issue as people were able to swap the dials/connectors with a little work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.As far as using the 2000/2001 radio wouldnt I just have to mount my heater controls into the newer unit to make everything usable? I have access to a unit from a 2003 wagon maybe thats the best way to go ? As far as the heater/ac controls the salvage yard charges extra for each control on the panel if you purchase the whole radio unit .I can purchase just the radio unit for $30.00 that doesnt seem to bad . thanks again Jim L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts