Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I'm in the shower.. and someone comes and yells through the door, "what happened to your window?".. I'm like what are you talking about I'm in the shower!!.. I get out right then, remembering I think it was SilverNight that had his radio stolen.. I get dressed, as I'm doing so I tell them to look and see if the radio is there, and it's not. DAMN!!! Now I'm like.. don't touch the car, call the police.. this sucks. Right now I'm on the phone with the police AND they won't even come out to look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
wow, im sorry...:( i know how much work it takes to earn $ for things, and how much time it takes to put them in... :(

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@May 24 2004, 10:36 AM
what radio did they steal?
Probably the Sony Xplod in his sig picture. :(

Sorry to hear that man... I know the gut wrenching feeling of going out to your car to see it damaged like that and something missing all too well. :angryfire:

A paging alarm like the Clifford Matrix series is a nice thing. I have one, and it'll page me up to 1/4 mile away if someone's f***in' with my SHO. :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nice shatter, I bet they used porcelain. That sucks, that's the worst feeling in the world having your car broken into, even worse, it was right in your own driveway! F'n idiots.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm really sorry about the loss...my friend Mike had an El Chameleon in his old Monte and it was stolen last summer. People just have no decency nowadays. Where was it stolen from (town)...

JR

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Did they swipe the gauge pod too? Bastards. That's half the reason my car has dark tint, to prevent thieves from window-shopping. Sorry to hear, you're having a real rough time with that car! :???:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hadn't had a chance to install the gauges.. in my sig picture they are just sitting in the opening, I was waiting for the radio delete plate from Ford to arrive. :(

And, I wasn't the only one, down the street a black SUV was also brocken into, I havn't seen it I was just told about it and when I went to go look for it, I didn't see it, I guess they're hiding it in the garage or something.

**edit- Here's when I installed the radio. http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5548

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. I can relate though. About 4-5 years ago I had my s-10 Blazer at the local Chevy dealer to track down a electrical short I couldn't find and my car was broken into the night they had it.

The suspicious thing was the thief(s) took their time and disconnected all the wires, unscrewed dashboard components and speaker grills instead of a typical smash and grab. They got close to 2K in audio equipment (head unit, all speakers, 2 amps, 2 10" subs) but they left a few hundred dollars in craftsman tools in my tool box in the rear of the truck.

I think on of the mechanics swiped all the stuff out of the car (leaving the tools since they probably had Mac or Snap-On tools already) parked car in their lot, locked the car, set the alarm and then smashed the front passenger window to make it look like someone broke into the car.

The suckiest thing is that the Police Officer on my case had the gal to infer that he though I did it since I knew where my vehicle was that night. Lets just saw that officer got a reprimand from his supervisor for conduct unbecoming and officer (or whatever the civilian equivalent is) after I spoke with his supervisor and informed him how he was treating me.

To make a long story short I threatened to sue the dealership and they replaced all the stolen items and to this day they now have a big sign over their service desk saying that they are not responsible for any lost of stolen items while your vehicle is in their custody.

Hopefully your insurance will cover your lose.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's the scumbags in this world that do things like that, that cause the rest of societl to have a bad name. Why work and do things the honest and decent way when you can just be a piece of Sh** and steal them.

Sorry to hgear about your radio man. Hope things turn out ok. Do you have full insurance coverage? Cause I know I do, and part of it is protection and compensation of damaged/stolen stereo equipment in my car as long as it is permanently installed. I.E. attached to the car, including the radio. This is why I have 2 brackets attached to my box that are screwed right to the bottom of my trunk, making it permanently installed.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only have liability :eek: :(

**edit.. yes, just for that it's $2200 a year.. Damn.. And now I'm not even going to be driving my car for a while.. Maybe I should start a Help Out Matt fund.. anyone interested? :D

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
man you guys might want to consider garaging your cars and lnot leaving the house for a few days.. like the rest of us!

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
that sucks, looked like a nice cd player. no, i luckily wasnt the one with the cd player stollen, that was my cars twin, 95SE. deffinately get an alarm. i have one on my car. absolutely love it

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
it is really mess up that a spark plug could do that

1 - 20 of 25 Posts