Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Ford taurus GL 3.0L V6 SOHC

Problem 1:
My radio doesn't turn on until it's warm enough in the vehicle or so it seems. It'll turn on and off until it comes on solid.

Problem 2: Sometimes I'll loose my power steering or it as least becomes weakened until I restart the vehicle.

Problem 3:
The dimmer dash around the dimmer switch and lights knob gets too hot to touch if driven or left on long enough.

Problem 4:
The power sags when shifting. It's at least twice as bad as when the fan comes on. I know the minor power sag is normal that fan instance but the one during shifting is way more than normal and it's not from the rev limiter as it happens at lower RPM as well.

Problem 5:
When I try to use my Innova OBD II tester, it can't detect the link protocol even though my service engine soon light is ON. The tester is good and works in other OBD II compliant vehicles.

Any help would be awesome but I know electrical is hard to diag without the vehicle in front of you.

·
Registered
23,363 Posts
Sounds like trs (transmission range sensor aka neutral safety switch) symptoms and possibly a failing headlight switch or wiring harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that's strictly for the radio, tester and power steering issues and not the power sag i encounter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts