Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had some ongoing troubles with my radio in my 98 taurus. I have the mach audio system and sometimes i'll get in my car, start it up, turn on the lights and the radio illumination doesn't come on. Other times it'll be on but as i'm driving it'll turn off. Sometimes if i tap the face of the radio it comes back on, sometimes if i push by the tape deck it comes back on, just seems to be really random. I originally thought it had something to do with the headlight switch because i could reproduce the problem by dimming the illumination. When I did that, the radio would flicker on and off. When the lights go out though and i change the illumination, the radio lights don't come back on. I have a chilton manual but it doesn't have a wiring diagram to show me which wire provides the illumination power. I'm not sure if the switch is to blame or if there is a loose wire inside the radio system that connects to the illumination pad. Anyone have any ideas as to what i should do about this? It's hard to change the station when u can't see the seek button...

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
try checking the fuses for it. You could also pull it out and see if there are any loose wires (there shouldn't be tho since they're connected via molex)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts