Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have got my first Ford ever, a 2005 Taurus SE with the Vulcan. When I got the car there was a DIN-sized hole literally sawed into the factory radio.

Went to a junkyard and got a factory radio today, shows clock when I press buttons on it when the car is off, nothing doing when ignition is on. There is random wiring jobs behind the radio, but the factory connector seems intact. In the trunk however its a different story:

SO,
Should I try to grab an RCU from the local junkyard with connectors intact and splice wires back where they should be in the trunk, or should I just stick with a bluetooth speaker :p

I cross-posted this in a couple forums to try to get the most answers.

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
I'd pick up a Mach RCU and wiring harness from a junkyard, inexpensive but still decent sound for when you forget the bluetooth or it needs charging

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd pick up a Mach RCU and wiring harness from a junkyard, inexpensive but still decent sound for when you forget the bluetooth or it needs charging
Aight, I’m assuming if I can find an RCU with the connectors I should be able to splice them into my car with the wires on the harness? Would it matter if I don’t have the sail speakers or would it be obvious and I’ll just leave them disconnected

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
It won't matter but it would be worth grabbing the sail tweeters if you don't have them. They're usually cheap and overall the Mach system isn't bad at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts