Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i cant get the oil lines to go back in all the way into my radiator on my 97 taurus. it is getting to be a real pain. what is the best way to get them in past those little white plastic ring/clips that hold them in?? please help me i dont know wht else to do!!1

chris

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Add an AUX cooler and leave them disconnected. I have my radiator ATX cooler/heater disconnected and bypassed.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
They are available at any auto parts store. The bigger the better. $25 to $250 depending on what you want. Easy to install. There must be 20 threads on this.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Install a cooler in ADDITION to and AFTER the radiator, or you might find the tranny takes an hour to warm up to proper operating temp in the winter. If you live in the desert, disregard.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
On the GEN 3s-4s I would bypass the radiator totally. This after monitoring my tranny temps with the radiator bypassed.

At temps below 0F the TC will not lockup until the tranny fluid has warmed up but the TC not being locked will accelerate the tranny temp build up. I'd say this will happen within 15 miles of driving at cold temps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well where i live it is pretty warm all year long, probably the coldest is 60s. my step dad was wondering if we could just cut the hose on and loop it back around instead of hooking it up to anything else. just letting it run through that own little cooler on the bottom? or should i still add a cooler?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
No the OEM little cooler is not good enough. Add an additional cooler to the loop too. I used 3/8" hydraulic hose to loop mine around. This will not kink and is very durable.

I just drove from California back to Illinois in July along I 80. My highest tranny temps were around 245F. This is a bit high as my TC was not locking up and I was driving 80-85 mph. But I also had two large aux coolers in addition to the OEM tube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks a lot, that will be a big help. i will go and get that taken care of today. if you have any other hints or tips or anything feel free to share. this is my first time and i can use all the help i can get! thanks a lot guys

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I just hung mine from the air bag sensor brackets with some zip ties. Secured the bottom with more zip ties to the PS cooler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where are the airbag sensors on the taurus' i have no idea where they are?? but just zip tie them huh, that sounds pretty darn easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts