Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the radiator and water pump replaced within a month and the heater core within 6 months ago...is this a bad sign or what? I re-used the fluid I had before I changed the radiator. :eek: I'll be sure to use distilled water this time with the green freeze.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
You say you reused the fluid that came out of it?? Was the fluid green or brown when you put it back in? Does it look like a chocolate milkshake? If so that's NOT a good sign.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had the radiator and water pump replaced within a month and the heater core within 6 months ago...is this a bad sign or what? I re-used the fluid I had before I changed the radiator. :eek: I'll be sure to use distilled water this time with the green freeze.

you did all that work and you re-used the same fluid? :eek:

its like buying brand new clothes but wearing the same underwear :unsure:

just have the system flushed, and use brand new coolant next time. its a waste of time and money if you don't replace the fluid ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Antifreeze

Do not Use the "anycolor" stuff. This is made for cars 2003 and newer. It is hard to find but get the old green stuff only. Autozone has some under the Autozone brand. To much to go into here but the "anycolor" stuff will disolve the solder in the radiator and heater core, one reason all new radiators have plastic tanks without solder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts