Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Vulcan. Yesterday I drove home from work 40 miles, stop and go. When I stopped at a light after getting off the expressway I noticed the temp gauge was a little higher than normal. The overflow was low so I added some more water. I didn't notice any leaks and the exhaust seemed normal for a 30 degree day. Well I let the car run in tthe driveway to see if there were any leaks and noticed the fans didn't kick in. It ran for around 40 minutes and the fans didn't kick in. I got my laser temp checker and the upper hose was around 165 and the thermostats housing was about the same. Maybe it didn't get hot enough to kick in?

Well I was checking this morning and checked the relays and found the one for the low speed fans was not working. (swapped with starter relay) Installed a new one and let the car run and still no fans. I also checked the fuse for it. It appeared to be good. Checked the temps and the same as the night before. 165 at the hose and thermostat. Drove the car around and no overheat and the gauge stayed in the center. I could always feel in the car when the fans kicked in. I don't remember them ever staying on for a long time but they would kick in. I haven't started to dig in yet and check the fans yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hooked up my scanner to get a real temp and the car was at 196 sitting in my driveway went up to 208. The temp then went down to 196. Maybe the fan kicked in. By the time I got out and opened the hood it wasn't running. Drove it around never went over 208. Fan comes on when the AC is turned on and then if you switch it to the heat settings it will stay on. Shut the car and restart it and the fans don't come on until you put the AC on. My AC dosen't work as I don't have any gas in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
rusty95
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing