Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the hoses on a GenIV?

What do you get when you change a hose that is

Hose crimped to metalpipe then hose crimped

The lower water pump hose is crimped to a metal pipe then another hose crimped to that then clamps to the radiator. If I buy a replacement will it be like that or will I get two hoses and have to worm clamp them on the pipe?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well the expensive way is to buy replacements from the dealer. That may be the only way to get the "look-a-like" replacement. Years ago when I lived in San Antonio, I'd take hoses like that to a hydraulic shop and get new hoses crimped onto the old pipe. If the hoses are formed (curved), get them from an auto parts store and take them to the shop to get'em crimped on.

Those crimp fittings are a must for high pressure lines like the power sterring and A/C lined but they are not required for radiator coolant (at a max of 15psi.)

But for just coolant lines, I'd just get a hack saw and carefully cut away the old crimps and replace the hose sections with standard hose clamps. That way, future repairs are quicker, cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i did the heater hose on my gen2, and the ford part dealership was able to give me the proper hose(it was done on the side of the road in -15Celcius weather to!) :angry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts