Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice, although the bra kinda takes away from it, but that's just my personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bra covers a huge scrape on the bumper. Plus, I didn't have enough vinyl to do the front bumper. But if I ever get the bumper painted, I will add the stripes to it.

EDIT: I will be tinting the rear windows in a couple weeks, as soon as my insurance check comes in. If you have a suggestion for the darkness of the tint I should get. let me know. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 35-40%

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Is it just me or is ur spoiler a bit too small? And if its just that way maybe u should get it painted.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
It's small because it's functional :ph34r:

The size of a man's spoiler is inversely proportional to.... um, never mind ;)

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Looks hot.
Maybe you should paint that sexy spoiler and stripe it to match? Just make sure your not running around with hub caps on and at least have some stock wheels. I bet some body color or even some white 5 spokes would look hot too. I am sure you can get used wheels for not too much if money is a factor, which often is with a majority of us. Anyways, great job of looking outside of the box on styling.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I can't wait to get the stripes on my car although my wife said she really likes ghost flames. I don't know if she wants them on our Mustang if/when we get it or if she wants them for the Bull.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Really nice work. I especially like the way the stripes run through the rear license plate housing on the bumper. Clean... ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by spragers@Jun 19 2004, 08:42 PM
It's small because it's functional :ph34r:

The size of a man's spoiler is inversely proportional to.... um, never mind ;)
Functional ?? on a Front Wheel Drive ?? Where did you learn Aerodynamics ?? spoiler would have to be on the FRONT of the car, besides that next time it rains, watch the water flow down the back glass, would be the same as airflow, it tends to trail to the outside edge of the spoiler "Skateboard" is what us SHO owners call it, but anyway if you like the mods, I guess that is all that really matters. But to all that read this please know a little of what your talking about, I mean someone was wanting to change to the 150 SHO speedo, I offered up why not get the 160 speedo out of the Gen 3 Plus version, GUESS WHAT they don't make a 160 speedo or a Plus Gen 3 and NOBODY called BS on, even had afew people wanting to know where to get one. Quote for the day "Better to remain silent and be thought a FOOL, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN+Jun 21 2004, 10:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SHOMAN @ Jun 21 2004, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spragers@Jun 19 2004, 08:42 PM
It's small because it's functional  :ph34r:

The size of a man's spoiler is inversely proportional to.... um, never mind  ;)
Functional ?? on a Front Wheel Drive ?? Where did you learn Aerodynamics ?? spoiler would have to be on the FRONT of the car, besides that next time it rains, watch the water flow down the back glass, would be the same as airflow, it tends to trail to the outside edge of the spoiler "Skateboard" is what us SHO owners call it, but anyway if you like the mods, I guess that is all that really matters. But to all that read this please know a little of what your talking about, I mean someone was wanting to change to the 150 SHO speedo, I offered up why not get the 160 speedo out of the Gen 3 Plus version, GUESS WHAT they don't make a 160 speedo or a Plus Gen 3 and NOBODY called BS on, even had afew people wanting to know where to get one. Quote for the day "Better to remain silent and be thought a FOOL, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" [/b][/quote]
Holy run on sentences, Batman! :batman:

Unfortunately, what we have here is an Error 404: Funny Not Found. Spragers was being sarcastic, but you missed that it'd seem.

And no one called BS on the 160MPH speedo from a Gen3 +, because we saw it for what it was.... a joke. Kinda like your post...

:lol: j/k man. But seriously, lighten up; it's not that serious. It's not like the internet is serious business or anything. :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
i like it! but, you should fix the scrape on the bumper and take off the bra. it takes away from it. also, i'd get a bigger spoiler also. i just personally don't like the SHO spoilers. they are too small. also, you should paint your lightbar like i did with my white 97. if you wanna see a pic, let me know. otherwise, looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN+Jun 21 2004, 09:48 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SHOMAN @ Jun 21 2004, 09:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spragers@Jun 19 2004, 08:42 PM
It's small because it's functional  :ph34r:
Functional ?? on a Front Wheel Drive ?? Where did you learn Aerodynamics ?? [/b][/quote]
Actually, just because the spoiler's effect is subtle (meaning watching the water flow on the rear, because water has a higher drag coeffecient than air and is more viscous) and that front-wheel drive cars don't need very much rear downforce, doesn't mean the spoiler isn't functional.

A spoiler provides downforce, that is it's function. The skateboard spoiler provides small amounts of downforce to negate rear end lift at speeds over 70-80 mph. Therefore, it's functional.

So, where did you learn aerodynamics? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It's small because it's functional
The question is how many women would actually fall for a line like that? :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was going to reply to the last few responses, then I remembered. "Arguing on the Internet, is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, Your still Retarded !!" This post was not meant to be mean to Handicapped, Mental Challenged of whatever the PC term is today, was just trying to get people to think. and have a nice day :)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Okay, group hug everybody! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts