Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a pair of ractive racing seats for my Gen IV. Partly for some weight reduction and partly for the look and feel.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here ie the pair of seats im looking at getting:

·
Registered
176 Posts
if they have the same color in green and it fits a gen 3...I'm there....That would be seriaslly bad looking....wow so many options for the taurus but you just gotta have a job that pays a lot and I just can't find the money for it.....

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
If you got the coin, do it. But dont go cheapie, you'll end up regretting it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that seat goes for about $580 a pair at sounddomain. I'm sur i can find cheaer on ebay. Anyone else have racing seats in their car?

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jan 7 2004, 10:34 PM
Here ie the pair of seats im looking at getting:

those would look awesome in my car. i have the total blue and black theme going on in the interior. right now i just have blue and black seat covers on my front and back seats... i wish i had the cash for those!! i luv them! get them if you got the money. they will look sweet!

·
Registered
176 Posts
they no have green..... It's so hard to find green products these days... You can have lots of green lights. But nobody wants to make interior products that are green...

By the way Detriot Raver you got any more pics of your ride. I like what you have done so far. Props from the Speedy man..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the total blue and black theme going on in the interior[/b]
Yeah I have a silver car and have blue everywhere. Right now i have blue and black seat covers from advance auto on. I have a Blue undercar kit too. Wish i had a pic to show y'all but something is wrong with it, plus i need to put on my new front tube since i broke the other one and had to bypass it for a little while. <_<

·
Banned
509 Posts
IMO..

I HATE racng seats with a passion.. Maybe because I am too big for them or something.. But it feels like it is tring to squeeze me into a small area where I cant fit!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMO..

I HATE racng seats with a passion.. Maybe because I am too big for them or something.. But it feels like it is tring to squeeze me into a small area where I cant fit![/b]
:pointlaugh:

Thats funny. I personally love that snug feeling, makes me feel more safe, and another reason I want to get them.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Only if you can get the rear seats to match up. Otherwise, no, looks kinda "F&F."

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only if you can get the rear seats to match up. Otherwise, no, looks kinda "F&F."[/b]
That was something that I have been thinking about. Does anyone know where to get some seat covers for a back seat that would look like those race seats. At least then it would match and not look as bad. thanks for brining it up trueblue. Maybe I will start a new topic on this.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
If they made them with grey leather like my current seats, I'd love to have them in my ride. The colored ones with the cheap slip covers look way too rice for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by mth676@Jan 9 2004, 11:31 AM
IMO..

I HATE racng seats with a passion.. Maybe because I am too big for them or something.. But it feels like it is tring to squeeze me into a small area where I cant fit!
:pointlaugh:

Thats funny. I personally love that snug feeling, makes me feel more safe, and another reason I want to get them. [/b][/quote]
SHO seats give you that exact same feeling, ask anyone who has sat in a SHO for a fairly long period of time how confortable they are. Plus, they'll look a hell of a lot better in your car than racing seats.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey mth676...check out planetperformance.com. search by vehicle, i know they have them for a 2000 im not sure what gen you have tho.[/b]
I have a 2001, so they should work. Thanks alot for the site.

If they made them with grey leather like my current seats, I'd love to have them in my ride. The colored ones with the cheap slip covers look way too rice for me.[/b]
How is this for you, they are leather:

Unfortunatly, they are very expensive. But like always you can prolly fid them on eBay for alot less money than on sounddomain.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
IMO it is somewhere between "OMG RICE" and "LOL OMG RICE". I dunno I just never liked racing seats, I'm with FatTortoise. At 5'11" and 197 lbs. I just don't seem to fit into it. I sat in a factory-riced Mitsubishi, and the seat literally made my arms and legs stick out from my body like a freaking coat rack. And after banging my knee trying to shift gears, I said screw it. So I'm not a huge fan.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found a rear seat cover that will really go well with the racing seats by cover king. Its neopreme (not sure bout the spelling) and is supposed to be a custom fit.

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Alex_Perry@Jan 9 2004, 11:15 AM
SHO seats give you that exact same feeling, ask anyone who has sat in a SHO for a fairly long period of time how confortable they are. Plus, they'll look a hell of a lot better in your car than racing seats.

Oh man, dont remind me, the seats in my old car(95 SE) were a gift from God. Besides sitting in some seats from Lexus and Infiniti cars, I definitly think those sho seats are the best.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts